Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Duffy goes to Florida

I thought it was time to take a break from writing about theme parks, so I decided to write a blog on Duffy's holiday to Florida. Regular readers of my blog will already know that I'm a bit obsessed with Duffy the Disney Bear. I bought him in the UK a few months ago, so I was very excited about taking him to Disney World for the first time.

Don't panic, I didn't actually take Duffy everywhere when we got to Florida. He stayed in the resort most of the time, but he did have little outings to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Downtown Disney. Duffy is much more well known in Florida than he is in this country, so I didn't have any strange looks while I carried him around. I'm afraid this isn't the case when I carry him around in the UK.

I did acquire quite a few new outfits for Duffy in Florida... in my defence, one was in the sale and I had three outfits from Neil and his parents as gifts. Buying outfits for Duffy is a bit addictive and is total marketing genius by Disney. Genius or exploitation... I'll let you decide.

So, without further ado, here are some photos of Duffy enjoying himself on  his first outing to Florida...



At the airport



On Disney's Magical Express!



Enjoying the view at Old Key West



Relaxing on a Disney bus



Sampling a Ghirardelli's sundae in Downtown Disney



Outside the biggest Disney store in the world!



Casually driving a car in Epcot



Chilling on a bench in Old Key West



Sulking at the Magic Kingdom as a result of the rain



Posing with a mad lady in a Minnie Mouse poncho... ahem



Meeting the actual Duffy in Epcot!



Going home :(


Have you taken your Duffy to Florida? Do you think I'm totally bonkers? All comments welcome!

7 comments:

  1. Love the photo of The World of Disney. I have a photo of me, Jack and dad posing next to the pirate skeleton with the helm on the left. It brings back great memories!
    Did Duffy in fact fly you to Florida? He looks well suited for it in the first photos :-). Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The World of Disney is so amazing! I did have a photo of Duffy on the plane but didn't put it up... unfortunately they wouldn't actually let him take the place of the pilot which I thought was very unreasonable xxx

      Delete
  2. I love that you do this too! We have a Ted, called Mr Ted that we take on trips and try to take photographs of him doing stuff too, he went on a drive looking for lighthouses the other week actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad I'm not the only one! I'll look out for any blog posts about Mr Ted x

      Delete
  3. Um, yeah, I think you're totally bonkers! But then again, I love Ian Hislop, tube trains and reading BSC books at the age of 27, so each to their own! xxx

    (I deleted and re-commented because I made a typo!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't bring myself to love tube trains, I agree with you on the other two though! Well, I don't love Ian Hislop as much as you do, but I am quite fond of him x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! :)