Pages

Friday 15 November 2013

Christmas tag #1

I love Christmas. In fact, I think I love it a little bit more every year. I love absolutely everything about it, from buying presents to choosing an advent calendar to eating multiple Christmas dinners to lazing around in my pyjamas on Christmas Day. Nothing can quite sum up my love for Christmas!

I came across Ella's Christmas Tag last weekend so obviously I had to take part in it. HAD TO. I've numbered this post (#1) as I'm hoping I'll come across many more Christmas tags in the next few weeks. If I don't, I might just make some up. That's how much I love Christmas.



Christmas at my parents' house last year



What time of the year do you start your Christmas shopping?
I usually start in September, although I do tend to pick up little random gifts throughout the year. I have to start in September to spread it over a few pay cheques! I have 20 people to buy for this year... the number seems to increase every year.

Do you have any festive recipes for food or drink you limit solely to the Christmas season to share?
I've never cooked anything for Christmas Day as I always go back to my parents' house for it. However, this year I'm considering baking something for tea on Christmas Day. Maybe some shortbread biscuits shaped like Christmas trees? I'll keep you all updated!

Tell me how Christmas goes down in your home
My brother and I usually wake up at around 8am... this has got later over the years! Daf comes in to my room and we open our stockings together (I love this part!), then we go downstairs to see the presents under the tree. Once my parents are up and we've had some breakfast (usually chocolate from our stockings...), we settle down in front of the tree to open all the presents. After we've opened everything, we read our books/play with our new toys while the Christmas dinner simmers nicely and makes the house smell delightful. We usually eat our lovely dinner at around 2pm. After dinner, my sister and her husband arrive with my little nephew, then we open presents all over again. We then watch Christmas films, eat chocolate and have a chat throughout the evening. I love Christmas Day!

Do you have any Christmas traditions?
Daf and I always used to watch Santa Claus: The Movie on Christmas Eve but we haven't done that for a few years. We always do everything in exactly the same order on Christmas Day and have done for as long as I remember. A traditional Christmas is the best Christmas!

Do you have a favourite festive coffee?
I don't like coffee... I do like a Christmassy hot chocolate though.

What's your favourite Christmas song?
Oh I wish it could be Christmas every dayyyyyyy...

What do you do on Christmas Eve?
We go in to town as a family on the afternoon of Christmas Eve to sample the atmosphere and to do some last minute shopping (either to Carmarthen or Llanelli). My parents always go to a church service in the evening. Meanwhile, Daf and I usually watch a Christmassy film, wrap any last minute presents and eat crisps. Lots of crisps.

What's your Christmas wrapping strategy? Do you have a strategy?
I buy all my presents first then dedicate a night or two to my wrapping. I put a film on (last year my films were Home Alone 2 and Beethoven!) and get stuck in. I genuinely enjoy wrapping presents!

What's your dream gift this year?
I haven't asked for anything big this year as more than enough money is being spent on the wedding and the potential house... I'll be happy with a few DVDs and maybe some pyjamas.

Describe your Christmas tree. How tall? Real or artificial? How is it decorated?
The little 3ft tree I have in my flat is a bit pathetic as I was too tight to buy a high quality one. However, the Christmas tree in my parents' house is lovely. It's a 6 foot high artificial tree with gold and red tinsel. It has coloured lights and lots of coloured baubles and little figurines, and usually lots of Christmas crackers and chocolates too.

Do you decorate just the tree or other areas of your house e.g. windows, bannisters?
My flat is very small so I don't decorate much of it. I would make more of an effort if I actually spent Christmas there, but I always go home to my parents' house. My parents have lots of decorations spread around the house, and I especially like their fireplace decorations. I can't wait to have my own house so that I can decorate it for Christmas!

What do you wear to Christmas parties and what do you wear on Christmas day?
I usually wear a black dress to Christmas parties... black dresses are suitable for everything. On Christmas Day I wear pyjama bottoms, snuggly socks and a hoodie. I secretly wish I could wear my Christmas Day outfit more often. A lot more often. 


40 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)