Pages

Sunday 1 December 2013

Christmas tag #2

I took part in my first Christmas tag over a fortnight ago, so it's now acceptable to take part in another one. I'm especially excited that this one is being published on 1st December, so I've just opened my first advent calendar window.

These questions are from Makeup Pixi3's blog... I've just been trawling the internet for Christmas tags. That's how much I love talking/writing about Christmas!

Some of the questions are similar to the first post I did, but I'm going to answer them anyway. Did I mention that I love Christmas?



Giant Christmas tree in Ikea


1. Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
I've never had a real Christmas tree, so I'd have to say I prefer synthetic. I think the mess caused by a real Christmas tree would drive me mad! I also like the idea of being able to roll out the same Christmas tree every year rather than struggling home with a new one every Christmas.

2. You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
A skinny hot chocolate. I do occasionally try the Christmas varieties such as Costa's Honeycomb hot chocolate, but I do love a good old plain hot chocolate.

3. Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
I'm not fussy, I like it to be as colourful as possible! The main colours are usually gold and red, but I always throw in a bit of silver, pink, green and blue too.

4. Giving or receiving?
I do love giving presents and I really enjoy choosing presents for other people and seeing their reactions, but receiving them is pretty good too! I still lie awake with excitement for hours on Christmas Eve when I think about the presents I'll be opening the next morning. I'm just a big kid at heart.

5. To mince pie or not to?
To mince pie! I refused to eat them for years because I thought I'd hate them (I thought they'd taste of meat which put me off...), but they're actually extremely tasty. I always eat them cold though which seems odd to some people. I'm just not a fan of warm mince pies.

6. What's your traditional Sunday lunch?
We always have chicken rather than turkey for Christmas lunch as we all prefer chicken. We also have little pigs in blankets, peas, carrots, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, stuffing, gravy... I think that's everything! We then have lovely ice cream for dessert, and maybe a festive swiss roll. Who needs Christmas pudding when you've got ice cream?

7. Christmas day fashion?
Fashion? I wear pyjamas and a hoodie!

8. What's your favourite Christmas song?
Nothing beats 'Oh I wish it could be Christmas every day'. I also have a childish love for 'Santa Claus is coming to town', even though I remain terrified of Santa Claus. Long story.

9. What's your favourite Christmas film?
I can't choose just one... Home Alone 1 and 2, Santa Claus the Movie, Nativity, Nightmare before Christmas, Muppets' Christmas Carol and Miracle on 34th Street are a few favourites off the top of my head.

10. Open presents before or after lunch?
Before, obviously! We'd never be patient enough to wait until after lunch.


25 days to go! Has anyone else got any Christmas tags to share? There's still time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)