Pages

Saturday 4 January 2014

Christmas presents... the entertainment edition

I won't be writing just one 'What I got for Christmas' post this year as I like to write about things in detail, so the post would be far too long with way too many photos. Instead, I thought I'd write a series of posts on the gifts I had for Christmas, split into a few different categories. I love categorisation.

I had so many lovely presents from my family, Neil, Neil's family, friends from work and other friends scattered around the country... thanks everyone! :)  Hopefully everyone enjoyed the presents I gave to them as much as I love the gifts from them.

The first category I've chosen is... Entertainment!

I had 5 DVDs for Christmas this year from my family. We watched Nativity 2 on Christmas Day, and I can't wait to watch the others. I've never seen Cars but I've heard great things about it. Toy Story is just a classic which everyone loves, and I loved Olympus has Fallen and Gatsby when I saw them in the cinema. I want to make sure I watch all my new DVDs before the end of January... I'll let you know how I get on. I think I might need a new DVD rack!




I also had the Nativity soundtrack for Christmas from my sister, brother-in-law and nephew. For those of you who know me well, you'll know that I absolutely love the Nativity and Nativity 2 films and soundtrack. With catchy songs such as Sparkle & Shine and Good News Song, I'll definitely be listening to this CD all year round and not just when it's Christmas!




I also had two lovely books for Christmas this year... The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World from my brother, and The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days book from Nicola, Mathew and Osian. The Disney book is already making me 'homesick' for Florida as I want to find out more and explore some of the hidden and fascinating facts detailed in the book, and I can't wait to bake some treats from the Hummingbird book. 








So I've got plenty to keep me occupied for the next few months! What DVDs, CDs and books did you have for Christmas? 

2 comments:

  1. My old friend at work use to always be baking cupcakes from the Hummingbird Cookbooks - man they were always so good. Weirdly I normally get a lot of books at Christmas but it was more about the sewing kits this year it seems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had books for Christmas for a long time so it was nice to have some this year :) I'm so excited about the Hummingbird book! Hope your sewing is going well x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! :)