Pages

Monday 20 January 2014

Review of Barry M Matte nail polish

Assuming that you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll already have read about my love for Barry M in my first ever nail varnish post. However, I sadly have to admit that I'm disappointed with their latest addition to my collection.




I bought the Vanilla Matte nail polish a few weeks ago as I'd read lots of good reviews about the Matte range on various beauty blogs. I knew it would be vastly different to my beloved Gelly range, but I fancied a change and wanted to try something different. 

The nail varnish is much easier to apply than the Gelly polish, but even with two coats the colour just isn't very striking. I know the Vanilla shade is quite light and understated, but I was hoping the finished result would look more elegant and a lot less dull. I'm also definitely not a fan of the 'matte' look after trying this nail varnish... the shinier the better! 



It just looks a bit dull...


On the plus side, I've had this nail varnish on for five days now and it hasn't chipped at all, so it does seem to be more robust and less susceptible to wear-and-tear than the Gelly shades. I'm sure I will use this polish again as this is a good understated look for more serious occasions, but I don't think I'll be buying any more polishes from the Matte range unfortunately. 

This just means I'll have to keep buying from the Gelly range! Has anyone else tried Barry M's Matte range? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I've not tried their matte range but I love their gelly colours, they have good staying power too.

    Have you tried the matte nail polish from ELF? Santa got it for me for Christmas (it was on my list) and it's great, it turns any colour into a matte finish :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their Gelly range, I want to collect them all! No I've never tried that, sounds interesting, I'll have to keep an eye out for it x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! :)