Pages

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Turning our house into a home #2

We've done a lot more work in our new house over the last few weeks, particularly over the Easter weekend, so I thought I'd share some photos of how things are progressing. We've certainly achieved a lot since my first 'Turning our house into a home' post!

I've done lots of work on our front garden... do you like my pink garden gloves? I went to B&M Bargains and kitted myself out with gardening gloves and a mini fork and trowel. The flower bed below was full of horrible sprawling plants and weeds so I decided to pull them all up and start again. This was a strangely therapeutic task. I've planted lots of flower seeds so I'm hoping this will be full of colourful flowers in a few months!






My parents also bought us these cute little wooden fences as a present to separate the flower bed from the lawn and to add a bit of character. I think they make the front garden look extra homely and it'll look so pretty when (if!) the flowers start blooming in a few months. 




On top of our gardening work, we've also added a lot of fixtures and fittings inside the house, as well as a few pieces of furniture in our bedroom. It's so lovely to see the house finally coming together with our own little touches. Luckily we have very similar tastes so there haven't been any (major) squabbles about colours, curtains or cabinets! 

Talking of cabinets, I love our shiny new bathroom cabinet... I can even reach the top shelves, just about. 




We've also bought all our curtain rails and have put up these beautiful curtains in our bedroom. The photo doesn't do the colour justice, but they're a lovely baby blue with a delicate white floral pattern. The walls are a very light shade of blue so the curtains are a great match. The silver curtain rail matches the silver door handles and light switches... as you can tell, I love a bit of colour coordination! 




We also spent far too much time in IKEA over the Easter weekend and bought our chest of drawers and matching bedside tables. Our bedroom is full of white furniture as the doors are all white and the feature wall is white and grey/silver, so everything matches perfectly. Obviously.






I'm also a big fan of the little grey and chrome lamps we bought from Argos a few months ago. Got to love the all important finishing touches! 




The bedroom is quickly becoming my favourite room. I love the colour scheme as it's perfect for a room that should be the most relaxing room in the house, and the white furniture is just beautiful. 

It's all coming together slowly, and we have lots of other exciting house plans over the next few months as we continue to make it our own. 

Have you moved house recently and blogged about your experiences? Send me your links! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks good - the house we have an offer on needs lots of work before we can think about doing the fun stuff like gardening and repainting inside. Ours needs some refurb loving first but it'll be fun all the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply... not sure how I missed this comment! Hopefully you're further along now :) x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! :)