Pages

Monday 5 May 2014

Monthly cinema round up: April

I didn't go to the cinema much in April unfortunately,  it was a crazy busy month with lots of wedding planning and house activities! However, I did manage to squeeze in four films... two more than I need to see every month to break even on my Cineworld Unlimited card.

So here are the films I did have time to see last month:

Noah 
I wasn't too bothered about seeing Noah and I probably won't buy the DVD, but it's definitely worth seeing if you have a few hours to spare. An amazing visual spectacle and great acting... just don't expect it to be based on the biblical story or you'll be very confused after the halfway point!

Calvary
There isn't an ounce of happiness in this film, but I did enjoy it in a morbid kind of way. It was very cleverly written and the characterisation of every single character was extremely detailed and very plausible. So not a film to watch if you're already feeling low, but not one to be ruled out altogether.

Transcendence
An excellent and very thought provoking film. It was fascinating in parts and kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the film. This film will really make you wonder what scientific feats we might be able to achieve in the not too distant future, and will make you question whether this scientific advancement is a positive or a negative thing for humanity. I was slightly confused by the ending, but I think I might just have been tired!

The Amazing Spiderman 2
This film is... amazing! It's probably my favourite of all the Spiderman films I've seen to date (including the Toby Maguire trilogy). I loved the characters and the storyline, and the soundtrack was a bit epic. Although some people thought the film was too long and that the writers had tried to pack too much in, I thought it was very well made. I definitely can't wait for the next instalment. Oh, and I want to be Emma Stone. Please?


And my favourite film last month was... The Amazing Spiderman 2! Check back early next month for May's round up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)