Pages

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Bed and Breakfast review: Bron Rhiw

Welcome to the last of my Cricieth blog posts! I just had to finish with a review of the lovely B&B we stayed in during our trip.

Bron Rhiw is situated a 2 minute walk away from Cricieth town centre, and we chose to stay there based on its excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. It was also one of the more reasonable options we found in the Snowdonia region at £77 per room per night for bed and breakfast.




Bron Rhiw was easy to find and we were able to park easily in the building's little car park which was tucked away from the main road. We were greeted by one of the friendly owners straight away who made us feel very welcome. When I mentioned that I was pleased that they provided hot chocolate sachets in the rooms as I don't drink tea or coffee, she promptly brought me another four! I was correct in thinking that this personalised service was a good indication as to how the rest of the weekend would pan out.

The rooms at Bron Rhiw are lovely and homely and contain everything you could possibly need for a little holiday. They even supply a hairdryer in each room which can be rare in bed and breakfast establishments, and certainly very rare in a budget hotel. Everything was absolutely pristine, and my bathroom was gleaming. Just how I like it! I was also very impressed with how soft and fluffy the towels were... I know I know, I'm easily pleased.

I was very excited about trying the breakfast at Bron Rhiw as we'd read such good reviews on Trip Advisor. Breakfast was served between 8 and 9am, and we could choose whatever we fancied from their breakfast menu. They also had a selection of cereals, fruit and juices available for guests. I loved their little dining room and all the unique touches that made it so welcoming. Again, everything about the room and its set up was immaculate!










I'm a bit awkward when it comes to a full English breakfast as I don't like mushrooms, tomatoes or black pudding. I therefore chose to have various combinations of bacon, eggs, beans and sausage on the three days. All the food was sourced from local suppliers and you could really taste the superior quality... I especially loved the bacon. We had the choice to have our eggs fried, scrambled or poached and could also choose white or wholemeal toast. I had Weetabix as well as my cooked breakfast on the second and third mornings... I just love food (and Weetabix) too much. Neil tried their smoked salmon and scrambled eggs combination twice and loved it. It did look amazing in terms of its presentation, but unfortunately I can't stand salmon!







Bron Rhiw didn't just look impressive inside... the exterior was also very pretty and welcoming, and the owners clearly put a lot of effort into the upkeep of the building. I loved the flower boxes and I always think white buildings look extra sparkly and accommodating if they're taken good care of. The view from the road outside the B&B was also beautiful and made me feel really peaceful and a million miles away from city life whenever I saw it!








We spoke to the owners, Claire and Sian, quite a few times during our stay. They were so friendly and knowledgeable about the area, as well as being able to cook an amazing breakfast! I actually prefer to stay in a B&B / guesthouse rather than a hotel as it's quite rare to experience this attentive and homely service in a hotel.

I would definitely recommend this B&B to everyone and would certainly consider staying there again if we go back to North West Wales in the future. Has anyone stayed at Bron Rhiw? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)