Pages

Sunday 28 June 2015

Restaurant review: Wagamama

I recently visited Cardiff's Wagamama restaurant for my friend's 30th birthday night out and had the most amazing and blog-worthy meal.

I usually choose noodles when I go out for Japanese food so I decided to try something different. The Yasai Katsu Curry sounded delicious so I thought it would be a good dish to try. It's a combination of sweet potato, butternut squash and aubergine coated in crispy panko breadcrumbs, covered in curry sauce and served with sticky white rice and a side salad. Although I'm not a vegetarian, I love a good veggie meal from time to time so I eagerly awaited the arrival of my curry.




Yes, it definitely tasted as good as it looked. The curry sauce was beautifully rich and aromatic... not too spicy but very tasty. The sweet potato and butternut squash were especially mouth watering, and who knew aubergine could taste so good? The rice was lovely and sticky (even their rice is worthy of comment!), and the salad was drizzled with a really flavoursome dressing. I never usually bother to eat my side salad because I don't want it to take up valuable space in my stomach, but I ate every bit of this one as the dressing was so good. 

Wagamama is very reasonable priced, particularly when you consider the huge portion sizes, and your food is always brought out to the table really quickly. I've been to the Wagamama restaurant in Cardiff Bay as well as the restaurant in the city centre and both have excellent levels of service. It's not somewhere I go very often, but it's always a treat when I do go! 

What's your favourite Wagamama meal? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)