Pages

Tuesday 22 December 2015

Twelve posts of Christmas #4 - Christmas candles

I can't believe I'm already on my fourth Christmas post... time is flying and there are only three sleeps to go!

I'm fairly obsessed with Yankee candles and they've got some lovely Christmas specialities, so I thought I'd share some of my favourites with you as part of my Christmas series.

I had a couple of Christmas candles from Neil this time last year and I saved Christmas Treats for the beginning of December. This candle is a little sweeter than the ones I usually buy but it smells lovely - a mouth-watering mixture of vanilla frosting and shortbread. These large candles always last us well over a month, and this one made the living room look extra cosy as well as making the house smell of food. This can never be a bad thing.




On to the next featured candle... Rainwashed Berry isn't strictly a Christmas candle but I always have a jar ready for the Christmas season. It's my absolute favourite Yankee candle and it's probably the strongest smelling candle of the lot. Although it's marketed as a burst of summer berries, I think the scent is better suited to the winter as it's so warm, cosy and inviting.



And lastly for this year, we bought ourselves the amazing Savour the Season a few months ago as soon as Asda started stocking the Christmas range. I can't even explain how good this candle smells. It's Christmas in a jar! It has a strong smell of cinnamon with a bit of cookie dough thrown in... a combination of two of my favourite scents. Coincidentally, it goes perfectly with a glass of mulled wine. 




We also bought a pretty tea light holder from the Yankee Candle shop in Bath last year which is brightening up our fireplace. It looks so pretty when coupled with our large Yankee Candle of choice - candles make every dark and dreary winter night a bit brighter!




What's your favourite Christmas candle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)