Pages

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Date night at Prezzo

My husband and I still enjoy having date nights every few weeks or so, mostly because it's a good excuse to go out for a nice meal and our love for food knows no bounds. I thought I'd blog about our most recent date night...

Neil (my husband) recently received a voucher for a free bottle of Prosecco from Prezzo so we decided to take the opportunity to try our new local restaurant in Penarth. Prezzo will always be special to us as it's where we went for our first date nearly five years ago, so we were very excited when we found out that there was a branch opening just a mile or so away from where we live.

It was a beautiful day so we decided to walk into town rather than getting the bus or driving. The free bottle of Prosecco would have been slightly redundant if one of us had to drive, and it also meant we could avoid parking stress!




I wore some of my new Ted Baker jewellery and one of the dresses I bought in Toronto's Aeropostale store as I wanted to make the most of our evening out. Although I love relaxing in my hoodies, jeans and Ugg boots, I do really enjoy getting dressed up for special occasions. And I'll happily take every opportunity to wear my beloved jewellery!




Our table was booked for 5:30pm so we started out from our house at a leisurely pace at 4:45pm as we're a fair distance away from the centre of town. We took the scenic route down the old railway track which is always lovely and quiet (apart from a few excited dogs and their frazzled walkers).




We got to Prezzo ten minutes early and were seated straight away. The first thing we ordered was our free Prosecco (obviously) which should have cost £25! We love a bargain and, to be totally honest, we also begrudge paying £25 for something we can get for £6 in Tesco. It was a really tasty variety of Prosecco and went down far too easily. 




We decided to go all out and ordered a starter to share. I must admit that I had a big part in choosing the starter as I can't get enough of a good old mozzarella and balsamic onion pizza bread! This one was beautifully cheesy, garlicky and balsamic-y and I could have eaten a whole one to myself... sad but true. 




After finishing our delicious starter, our mains came along shortly afterwards. I chose the asparagus and mascarpone panciotti and it was REALLY good. Although the portion looks quite small by my usual standards, the parcels were packed full of the delicious spinach, lemon and bella lodi cheese filling. Note to self - I must eat more asparagus as I always forget how much I enjoy it. 




After telling ourselves we probably wouldn't have dessert while we were walking to the restaurant, we (I) promptly changed our minds when we saw what was on offer on the dessert menu. I had the Nutella and banana mini calzones with vanilla ice cream... the whole thing was stunningly amazing. I'll definitely be sampling these again on our next visit!






After feeling suitably full and paying our bill, minus £25 for our free Prosecco, we walked home as the weather was still dry and sunny. As we were home by 8pm due to our early start, we still managed to have a cosy night in with Suits (our current series of choice) as well as a meal out... perfect date night!

Have you been to Prezzo yet? Can you recommend any other venues in the Penarth/Cardiff area for our date nights? Let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)