Pages

Friday 26 January 2018

Coco: My (spoiler-free) ramblings

I saw Coco in the cinema on Sunday and it was AMAZING.

I've had a frantically busy week and haven't had time to plan/write a lengthy blog post, or to take any blog-worthy photographs for that matter, so I thought I'd write a short post on my main thoughts while watching Coco. Don't panic, there are no spoilers!

However, some of these thoughts are mysteriously specific and won't make the slightest sense if you haven't seen the film, so in that case perhaps you should save yourself the confusion and stop reading now. Don't say I didn't warn you.





  • Wow, this film is visually spectacular and beautifully colourful.
  • Coco (the character) is completely not what I expected and I love her.
  • Hooray, I still remember some Spanish from my A Level days!
  • Dante's face reminds me of the hyenas in The Lion King.
  • The plaza reminds me of the Magic Kingdom and I really wish I was back there.
  • I really love the way they're bringing Mexican culture to life in this film. It feels so authentic!
  • Why can't you just let the poor boy do whatever he wants to in his spare time as long as he does his shoe-related activities when he's supposed to?
  • The security in many of this film's prime locations is a lot more lax than I'd like.
  • That is one excellent twist which I didn't see coming, and this is one heavy storyline for a children's film.
  • He just admitted to WHAT in a Disney film?
  • This is shaping up to be even sadder than the first twenty minutes of Up, and that's something I never thought I'd say.
  • Remember him! Remember him!
  • There's a river of tears running down my face and I can't do a thing to stop it.
  • I LOVE THIS FILM. 




Have you seen Coco? What did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)