Pages

Friday 16 March 2018

Fastpass+ Day!

There are so many exciting milestones to look forward to after you've booked a holiday to Walt Disney World. Firstly, there's ADR day 180 days in advance when you can start booking your restaurants (read more about the ADRs for our last holiday here). Then, 60 days in advance, you have Fastpass+ Day which marks the date when you can start booking your rides and/or experiences.

We don't book restaurants and fastpasses for every single day in advance as even I don't like to plan our trip THAT rigidly. It's nice to have some flexibility factored in if there's a bit of bad weather or you just fancy having a slower day outside of the parks on a particular day. However, when it comes to fastpass reservations, we always make sure we book our favourite rides for our first visit to each of the four parks at the 60-day mark.

I thought I'd blog about the eight fastpasses we absolutely can't do without... I'M SO EXCITED!



Magic Kingdom 


Space Mountain is one of my favourite rides in all of Walt Disney World. Although it isn't a huge thrill ride, it's got lots of dips and bumps and it runs in the dark and I love it! 





Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a fairly new ride which means it's almost impossible to get on it quickly without a fastpass.  It's not a particularly long ride but it's visually spectacular with some very impressive technology behind it. 






Epcot 


Frozen Ever After isn't one of my favourite rides in Epcot, let along in Walt Disney World, but it's impossible to get on this ride without a fastpass unless you want to queue for two hours. It also breaks down quite regularly in our experience, so it's safest to book at least two fastpasses if you want a guaranteed spot. It's visually and audibly impressive so it's well worth using a fastpass for it.





Soarin' Around the World is another hugely popular ride in Epcot, and I do absolutely love this one. You can't book a fastpass for Frozen and Soarin' on the same day which means we usually plan our days in Epcot well in advance to make sure we secure all the fastpasses we need. I have no idea why I haven't got a photo of the Soarin' entrance... here's a nice photo of Epcot itself instead! 






Animal Kingdom 


Expedition Everest might be my favourite ride in the whole of Walt Disney World. It makes me SO HAPPY. We've prioritised fastpasses for rides at the recently-opened World of Avatar for our upcoming trip, but we've also planned an extra visit to Animal Kingdom to make sure we've got a fastpass for Expedition Everest. 





Kilimanjaro Safaris is the perfect early morning attraction, and we've always had our best safaris when we've made this our very first fastpass of the day.






Hollywood Studios 


The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is probably one of the shortest rides on this list, but it's still the one I find most scary yet exhilarating. 





Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is such a fun ride! I end up doing exactly the same pose for the ride photo every single time, even though I know exactly when it's coming. The beginning of this ride literally takes my breath away... you'll know what I mean if you've ever been on it. 





Which fastpasses do you rush to book on Fastpass+ Day? Let me know if you've got any more recommendations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)