Pages

Saturday 8 February 2014

Wales v Italy... hello Six Nations!

It's that time of year again... the Six Nations championship has started! Neil kindly bought us tickets for the first game of the tournament, so we went to the Millennium Stadium last Saturday to watch Wales defending our title in the opening game against Italy.

I haven't set foot inside the Millennium Stadium for over two years so it was great to be back! I might be biased, but I think it's the best stadium in the world. I've never had a bad seat in all the times I've been there and the atmosphere is usually electric, whatever the occasion. I love hearing the beautiful Welsh anthem and traditional Welsh rugby songs reverberating around the stadium... it gives me goosebumps every time.

I was hoping for a bigger win on Saturday, but I'll settle for the win alone at this stage of the tournament. There's a long way to go. We're playing Ireland later this afternoon and hopefully that'll be a win too, although I'm not as optimistic about this game as I was about the Italy game. Fingers crossed!

I suspect that France might win this year's tournament, but I hope my head is wrong and my heart is correct. Come on Wales!

Here are some photos for you to enjoy from Wales v Italy...



My new Welsh shirt! A Christmas present from Neil's parents



Welsh team warming up before the game



Pre match build up... amazing spectacle!



Getting ready to welcome the Welsh team on to the pitch 



Lining up for the anthems



Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi...



Both teams in action!



Leigh Halfpenny kicks yet another penalty



Nearly at the end of the game...



I love being in an (almost) packed Millennium Stadium


Did anyone else attend any rugby games over the weekend? What are your Six Nations predictions?

2 comments:

  1. We have the best stadium and the best anthem, I just love being Welsh!
    The Irish match was such a shame, we can still win the championship though! *crosses fingers* x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I like your optimism! I only wish I shared it... x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! :)