Pages

Monday 17 February 2014

Copthorne Hotel: Our wedding reception venue

I'm getting married in August, so I thought it was about time I wrote a wedding-related blog post!

We'll be getting married in a church in Penarth, and our wedding breakfast/reception will be held in the Copthorne Hotel in Cardiff. I've visited the Copthorne Hotel plenty of times for work functions and I've always thought it was a very homely hotel in a lovely location, so I'm really pleased that it proved to be one of the more reasonable wedding hotels in Cardiff. I've also always had scrumptious food there which definitely contributed to our final decision!

We went to a wedding fayre at the Copthorne Hotel yesterday so I thought I'd post some photos of my favourite parts of the hotel and of the wedding fayre itself. It was actually sunny yesterday so the views from the hotel were beautiful... I really hope our wedding day is sunny too so that we can have the same pretty views in our wedding photographs.



This lake will be the backdrop for our photos



Seating area for guests on the terrace overlooking the lake



Fireplace in the hotel reception area!



Front of the hotel



Sample wedding breakfast table



One of our wedding cars



I just couldn't take this bridal transport option seriously...
how would I even climb in?!


What other types of wedding blog posts would you like to see over the next few months? Let me know!

9 comments:

  1. The venue looks beautiful! And I love the wedding car (and the tractor, though I can understand why you might not go for that option). :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Feeeee :) It's such a pretty place. Shall I book the tractor for the bridesmaids? ;) x

      Delete
    2. YES. I'll put my Wurzels playlist on so we can truly travel in style xx

      Delete
  2. Oh how exciting! It looks lovely and I think that the weather was a sign ;)
    The tractor is awesome haha but mainly because my other half is from the south west with an 'oo-arr' accent and often gets the farmer jokes.

    Looking forward to seeing more building up to the big day!

    Best wishes,
    Danielle.
    http://UnderlandToWonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be lovely if the weather was a sign... let's hope! x

      Delete
  3. Copthorne hotel is gorgeous - congrats on booking such a gorgeous venue!
    I love the tractor haahaha! x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's so pretty! I have a feeling that tractor probably picked up a lot of bookings there x

      Delete
  4. Great choice of venue, Beth! Hotels are the most common choices of brides for venues. It is very convenient since it covers everything - from the food choices, wedding cars, and decorations. Anyhow, August is just a month away. This is getting exciting! I hope everything will flow according to your plans. Congratulations in advance!

    Marci Deegan @ Twin Pine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place is mind blowing. I don't know what else there is to say about this place. Though I am not sure if the food provided was catered from an outside vendor, but it too was spectacular.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)