Pages

Friday 7 November 2014

Food, glorious food (and drink) - Honeymoon style #1

We ate a LOT of food on honeymoon (that's a massive understatement). As I've mentioned in previous posts, it was so nice to be able to eat whatever I wanted for two weeks without worrying about having to fit in to my wedding dress. It's safe to say that I more than made up for my strict dieting in the few months before the wedding!

I managed to take photos of most of my meals and snacks, much to my husband's amusement and/or embarrassment. After sorting through my photos, I thought I'd document the food I ate in each Italian location in a separate blog post due to the sheer volume of it. It'll definitely make me feel less ashamed of my gluttony if it's spread over three posts... I think.

We also drank more alcohol on this holiday than we usually would as it was such a special occasion and we wanted it to be as relaxing as possible. We didn't go overboard as no one wants a hangover when they're on on honeymoon (or ever, in fact), so we just had a glass of wine or two in the evenings and a few cocktails along the way.

So here goes... here's what I ate (and drank) in Rome! Get ready to be amazed/disgusted.



Fruit plate and a bottle of Prosecco on arrival at the hotel



Meat and cheese starter on our first evening



Fancy ravioli!



Good old apple crumble and ice cream



My first Italian hot chocolate



My first Italian pizza!



Possibly the best gelato of the holiday



Vegetables in breadcrumbs... tasted much more exotic than it sounds! 



Bolognese... just can't go wrong with this dish



The hotel's amazing breakfast (don't worry, I had more plates after this one)



Chocolate croissant for breakfast! 



Pasta and pesto. My favourite!



Pepperoni pizza slices in the Vatican City 



Glass of Prosecco on our private terrace



Spaghetti Carbonara



A nice glass of wine!


There were also a couple of meals/desserts I didn't get a decent photograph of... please don't judge me. Actually, judge away, I loved every morsel of it. 

As you can see, we had a nice mixture of fancy meals indoors, casual meals outdoors, and street food. We found that the prices in Rome were very reasonable and our most expensive meal was the one on our first evening at our hotel, which was to be expected as it was a fairly upmarket hotel. 

Check back on the blog in a few days to find out what I ate and drank in Malcesine. I'm already salivating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)