Pages

Thursday 5 October 2017

Celebrating 20 years of Harry Potter

I know, I know, I'm a bit late to the party with this... I got tagged in a post on Danielle's blog a few months ago to celebrate Harry Potter's 20th anniversary and I thought it was about time I featured the post on my blog with my own answers. As I love Harry Potter and I love answering random questions, this kind of tag is dream blogging content for me. (Take note, anyone and everyone who wants to tag me in similar posts from now on.)



Universal Islands of Adventure, Florida, September 2013


1. How did you discover Harry Potter? Did you read the books first or watch the movies?I spent a few years insisting that I wasn't interested in reading the books or watching the films because they were 'too popular'. However, I then ended up seeing Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban twice with different groups of friends in the cinema and decided I couldn't ignore the books any longer (mostly because I didn't know what on earth was going on half the time but really wanted to find out). So I saw the first three films before reading the books, but read the last four books before seeing the final five films. I actually now really wish I'd read all the books first before seeing any of the films... serves me right for being a book snob!


2. Let's be honest, the Hogwarts uniform is looking a bit drab. How would you customise your uniform to show off your individuality?
I like the Hogwarts uniform! I'd add some subtle blue accessories perhaps, just to make it REALLY obvious that I'm a Ravenclaw, but I wouldn't change anything else.


3. Who would your ultimate Hogwarts Friends Gang be?
Ron, Luna, Neville and Cedric.



Universal Islands of Adventure, Florida, September 2013


4. If you were a teacher at Hogwarts, what class would you teach?
Probably History of Magic... I think it's one of the only subjects I'd be any good at. I'd love to be as clever as Hermione but I'm definitely not on her level unfortunately, even though I'm a Ravenclaw!


5. If you could have any creature from the Harry Potter universe as a pet, what pet would you choose?
An owl, specifically Hedwig. Which is a strange choice for me, seeing as I don't like birds... I'll always make an exception for Hedwig.


6. You're Captain of the Quidditch Team, what would you name your team?
Me, captain of a sports team? What a hilarious image. I think I'd call the team 'Ravenclaw's Sage Speedsters', which doesn't sound the least bit threatening or competitive.



The Making of Harry Potter studio in Watford, August 2017


7. What magical treat have you always wanted to try?
I've always wanted to try Fizzing Whizzbees and Chocolate Frogs. There's not much I'd say no to from that Hogwarts Express trolley!


8. If you could invent a spell, what would your spell do and what word would you use to cast it?
I'd invent a spell that washed, dried and straightened my hair instantly with no effort on my part. It would save me so much time! I'd use 'Pokerstraight!' to cast the spell.


9. If your Patronus was an inanimate object, what would it be?
Why do I have to choose an inanimate object rather than an animal...? I think it would be a pink star. If my Patronus was an animal, I think I'd be a giraffe. Not because I'm tall (because I'm not), but just because I really really love giraffes.



The Making of Harry Potter studio tour in Watford, August 2017


10. If you could bring any Harry Potter character back to life, who would you resurrect?
Cedric Diggory. Probably an unpopular choice but I really like him! Oh, and poor Hedwig obviously. If we were talking purely about the books and not the films, I'd bring Dumbledore back to life. Sorry Michael Gambon, but you were a very annoying and shouty Dumbledore so I wouldn't voluntarily bring you back to life.


11. You've been given free reign of Diagon Alley and can have anything you want, what shop do you hit first?
Honeydukes, of course! I'm a sweet toothed fiend.


12. If you could send an Owl Post to anyone in the Harry Potter universe, who would you write to and why?
Neville. I always feel as if he needs a friend and some words of encouragement, along with someone to tell him that things will get better!


13. If JK Rowling were to announce a spin off series from the Harry Potter universe, which character would you love to see as the protagonist?
Hagrid. I'd love to learn more about his back story and to find out what he got up to after Harry. Ron and Hermione left Hogwarts.



Universal Islands of Adventure, Florida, September 2013


Do you agree with any of my answers, or furiously disagree? Let me know, and please feel free to take part in the tag yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)