Pages

Friday 5 January 2018

Best of 2017

Happy new year to all my readers!

2017 was a mixed bag. In some ways, it was even more difficult than 2016 as the reality of what I'd been through the previous year really started to sink in. I hit a very low point between June and August as the one year anniversary of my diagnosis loomed large, and I had lots of niggly health issues all year which caused some frustration. However, there were also many positives to report on from 2017. 

I really enjoyed writing last year's highlights post so I thought I'd do the same thing for 2017 to make sure I reflected on all those positives. Enjoy!



Celebrated three months all clear 



We celebrated my first 'all clear' appointment after my operation with a visit to Via Napoli. This started the tradition of going for a nice meal after every oncology appointment! 



Fake Christmas 



I celebrated fake Christmas with my university friends in Minehead. 



Milton Keynes 



We went to Milton Keynes for the weekend to visit Fee and Dave. I blogged about it here



Spa day at the Hilton Hotel 



Nicola and I went to the Hilton Hotel for a spa day and an excellent afternoon tea.



The Lion King theatre break 



Neil and I went to London for the weekend to see The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre. I blogged about it here



Celebrated six months all clear 



We celebrated my next 'all clear' appointment in April with a meal at Miller & Carter. 



Walt Disney World 



We went on another amazing holiday to Walt Disney World! I blogged about our meals here, my shopping haul here and my character meets here



Sophie and Bryan's wedding 



We celebrated the lovely Sophie and Bryan's wedding day with them at Court Colman Manor in Bridgend. 



First support group meeting



I attended my first ever support group meeting (and subsequent lunch!) which I blogged about here



Rhys and Rhiannon's wedding 



We celebrated Rhys and Rhiannon's wedding with them over two days in the beautiful Brecon Beacons. 



My birthday 



I celebrated my 31st birthday with a lovely meal at Bar 44! 



Celebrated nine months all clear 



We celebrated my next 'all clear' appointment in July with our first visit to Moksh. I blogged about it here



Jessie 



We brought our beautiful puppy home. I blogged about her first few weeks with us here



Weekend in Portishead 



I visited Amy for the weekend in Portishead. I blogged about it here



Third wedding anniversary 



We celebrated our third wedding anniversary with dinner at Etc, afternoon tea at Pettigrew Tea Rooms and a visit to the Harry Potter Studio Tour. I blogged about our anniversary here



Celebrated one year all clear 



We celebrated being given the 'all clear' for a whole year with an amazing meal at Restaurant James Sommerin. I blogged about it here



Florence 



We spent a week in beautiful Florence. I blogged about it here



Bristol shopping trip 



I spent the day in Bristol with my university friends, and blogged about my amazing festive pizza here



More afternoon teas than I can count 



I had afternoon tea at the Mercure Hotel in Swansea, the Hilton Hotel, Llanerch Vineyard, The Park Plaza, and at Pettigrew Tea Rooms (several times!). 



Christmas 



We had a lovely Christmas with family and friends. I blogged about it here.



So as you can see, 2017 had lots of highs as well as lows and it's important to remember this as I step tentatively in to 2018! 

What were your highlights of 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)