Pages

Friday 13 April 2018

Our Advance Dining Reservations for 2018

The holiday countdown is well and truly on... there are just 20 days to go until we're back in Walt Disney World.

As I've said many times before, one of the best things about Disney holidays is that they can be planned to absolute perfection. You can book all your restaurants in advance, as well as up to three rides, attractions and experiences per day.

The Disney Dining Plan has been included with our booking again this year which means we need to be fairly strategic about where we're eating and when. This adds an extra planning element which is entirely focused on food, so obviously this means I'm in my element! If you're interested in finding out more about the Disney Dining Plan, I've blogged about all its different elements on the links below: 


It's worth noting that an alcoholic drink is now included with your table service credits which has never been the case on our previous visits. This is a pretty exciting upgrade as alcoholic drinks are expensive, particularly at the signature restaurants. I'm sure I'll sample a few different cocktails over the course of the holiday just to make the most of it!

Although we haven't quite booked all our restaurants yet as we like to leave a few days free for spontaneity's sake, we have done loads of planning which has included setting up a dedicated Trello board (please don't laugh at me).

I thought I'd blog about the new restaurants we've booked for this year's holiday as it's getting closer and closer, as well as a little look at some old favourites which I'm very excited about re-visiting.



California Grill 

We've wanted to try California Grill for a few years but we've never managed to get a booking at a suitable time. We made sure we made it our very first reservation this year to get the best possible slot, and I can't wait to be seated at the top of the Contemporary in a few weeks' time! 





Frontera Cocina 

This restaurant is situated in Disney Springs, and it's one which I don't know very much about. However, the menu and the photos on TripAdvisor look fantastic so I'm very happy to give it a try.



Planet Hollywood Observatory 

I've been to the Disneyland Paris version of Planet Hollywood, but I've never been to the one in Walt Disney World. This restaurant has recently had a big makeover and I've heard amazing things about its massive burgers and desserts. 





Sanaa

Sanaa is one of the restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I've never been to this particular resort so I'm excited about exploring the surroundings as well as having lunch at Sanaa. Again, we've heard good things about this African-themed restaurant and it's nice to fit in a different cuisine amongst all the burgers and steaks. 



Be our Guest

We went to Be our Guest for dinner a few years ago but we've never been there for breakfast, so I'm taking the liberty of including it on my 'new restaurants' list. Breakfast is actually a quick service option rather than table service, and it's excellent value if you're on the Disney Dining Plan. We've booked this breakfast on a Magic Kingdom Extra Magic Hours morning. We're planning to blitz all our favourite rides then relax at the restaurant for an hour! 






Although we always love trying new restaurants whenever we visit Walt Disney World, there are a few places we absolutely have to book every time.

These three are my absolute favourites... 



The Plaza Restaurant

We didn't eat at The Plaza last year and I really missed it, so this year we've booked it for lunch on our first full day. We always spend our first day at the Magic Kingdom and I love winding down for an hour over lunch at The Plaza. 





Via Napoli 

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Via Napoli serves the best pizza I've ever eaten outside of Italy. 





The Yachtsman Steakhouse

I first ate at the Yachtsman a couple of years ago and I don't think I'll ever want to give it a miss. I love the location and the atmosphere, and the food is pretty spectacular too. 





What do you think of our restaurant choices? Do you have any last-minute recommendations for us? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)