Pages

Friday 3 August 2018

It's all yellow

Wearing yellow used to be a big no-no for me.

I used to think I could never wear yellow because it clashed spectacularly with my hair. I also happened to be in the yellow team in both primary and secondary school, so anything remotely yellow always reminded me of dreaded sports days. I've always been terrible at any kind of competitive sporting activity so sports day was consistently my least favourite day of the year.



It's not difficult to see why I didn't used to be a yellow fan... 


Fast forward a few years and I've suddenly become a big fan of all things yellow. I stopped caring about things clashing with my hair a long time ago, and yellow is such a lovely sunny colour which always cheers me up. In the past I would have hastily scrolled past any yellow items while browsing my favourite websites, but now I've actively started seeking them out. 




My very yellow dress and shoes for this year's birthday meal




This yellow dress and matching flip flops were perfect for our
holiday to Walt Disney World earlier this year.



 

I even chose a yellow MagicBand for this year's holiday! 




I couldn't resist buying this denim jacket from New Look, and these shorts from ASOS were an excellent find just before our holiday. 




I bought the dress on the left with this year's birthday money and the one in the middle with last year's birthday money, both from ASOS. The playsuit on the right was a bargain a couple of weeks ago from New Look. 



My rapidly growing yellow obsession hasn't stopped with my clothing. We've been redecorating the house over the last few months which has resulted in a major overhaul for several rooms, and the guest bedroom has ended up with a yellow and grey theme. It's beautifully bright and sunshiny and I love it!  




I've obviously got a selection of Disney teddies for every colour coordination under the sun. 




My Winnie the Pooh shelf looks perfect on our yellow wall. 



Any other yellow fans out there? Please send me your recommendations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)