Pages

Friday 14 December 2018

New York in 15 photos

Last week was better than average... I spent it in New York.

I've wanted to go to New York to see the Christmas lights since the first time I saw Home Alone 2 many moons ago, and it was absolutely everything I dreamed it would be.

We went for six nights and managed to fit in a highly impressive amount. As a result, I thought it would be a good idea to share one photo from each of the sights and attractions we visited. I took 777 photos in total so this was quite a difficult challenge, to put it mildly.

A separate post will follow next week about New York's Christmas decorations, including the spectacular Rockefeller Tree, so don't be alarmed at its omission from this post!



Empire State Building





Top of the Rock





One World Observatory 





9/11 memorial and museum 





Best of NYC Circle Line Sightseeing Cruise 





Central Park 





Times Square 





Metropolitan Museum of Art 





Madame Tussauds 





Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum 





The High Line 





Grand Central Station 





St Patrick's Cathedral 





Mickey The True Original exhibition 





The Friends apartment building 





My Fitbit informs me that we walked 175,000 steps and 134km in total... this isn't surprising when I look back at all the places we visited and take into account the fact that we walked everywhere and didn't use any public transport! 

Look out for more blog posts about New York over the next few weeks, including the aforementioned Christmassy bonanza next Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)