Pages

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Favourite wedding suppliers #1 - Issy Boo Cakes

Now that the wedding is over and I have some more time on my hands (sometimes), I thought I'd write a few blog posts about my favourite suppliers as a thank you and to pass on my 'wisdom' to other brides.

Searching for decent suppliers can be so daunting when there's so much choice available, and this is something I spent hours and hours on as I wanted to find good quality suppliers at a reasonable price. The internet was both a blessing and a curse when it came to this task! However, I'm so glad I chose all my suppliers so carefully as I was hugely happy with every single one of them.

The first supplier I'm going to blog about. is... Issy Boo Cakes!

Let's face it, everyone loves cake. I love cake an abnormal amount, and so do a lot of my friends, so I was determined to have a wedding cake that both tasted amazing and looked amazing. This resulted in a military operation to find the best wedding cake supplier I possibly could.

I stumbled across Issy Boo Cakes when I was researching cake makers in Cardiff and was immediately struck by the pretty and unique designs on their website. I got in touch with my requirements and the lovely Laura contacted me within a few hours to set up a meeting.

Before I met with Laura, we needed to decide on four flavours so that some cake samples could be prepared in advance. After much deliberating and salivating, we chose rich fruit cake, lemon cake, chocolate mud cake and neopolitan cake. I was pretty amazed when I saw the effort that had gone into the samples...




I was only expecting a few little slivers of each flavour! They were all amazing, but our particular favourite was the lemon cake as the lemon curd buttercream was just beautiful and unlike anything we'd ever tasted before. After these impressive samples and such a positive meeting with Laura, I just had to go with Issy Boo Cakes for our wedding cake.

I knew I wanted a square three-tiered cake with three different flavours, decorated with teal/turquoise ribbons and flowers, and Laura was happy to go with exactly what we wanted. We settled for lemon cake on the bottom tier, fruit cake as the middle tier and chocolate fudge cake as the top tier. We decided to try a different chocolate variety to the sample we asked for as there was so much choice... this proves how much we trusted in Laura's baking skills! We also ordered two dairy and gluten free vanilla cupcakes for our guests with special dietary requirements.

Laura was so organised from the minute we made first contact. The final price was emailed over to me very quickly after our meeting along with a little sketch of what the final cake would look like. Laura then got in touch with the hotel independently to sort all the arrangements for the wedding day which I was very impressed by. I was juggling so many things the week before the wedding and I really appreciated the fact that I didn't need to worry about the wedding cake at all.

On our wedding day, I think you'll agree that the cake looked absolutely beautiful...




I was so pleased with the finished effect, particularly with the sugar roses which matched our colour scheme perfectly. Just look how pretty and bright it is! We served the cake with the evening buffet and everyone commented on how lovely it was. We had positive comments about all three flavours which made me think we definitely made the right choices. The 'free from' cupcakes were also decorated in line with the colour scheme and were really beautifully designed. We were secretly glad that there was some fruit cake and lemon cake left as it meant we could freeze it to enjoy after the wedding! 

I would highly recommend Issy Boo Cakes for your wedding, christening, child's birthday party... whatever the occasion, Issy Boo Cakes will deliver exactly what you need! 

I'm now off to have a slice of cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)