Pages

Wednesday 10 February 2016

A lovely date day

Although we've been married for a year and a half, we still love having a 'date day' every few weeks where we spend some quality time together and, as a bonus, avoid doing the housework. A few weekends ago, we had a spontaneous date day on a sunny Saturday.

We got all wrapped up and decided to walk into Penarth for a coffee and a hot chocolate. We mostly wanted to make the most of the weather as we hadn't been able to go for a walk for weeks!




After a lovely brisk walk into the centre of Penarth, we stopped in Coffee #1 for a drink. I had the Choc Full O' Nuts hot chocolate and it's the best one I've had for months. We should really go to Coffee #1 more often, although we do also have a small (large) obsession with Caffe Nero. 




After finishing our drinks, we decided to get the train into Cardiff for some food, shopping and a cinema trip. Believe it or not, despite living in Penarth for a year and a half, I've never gone on the train to Cardiff. I frequently get the bus if I can't be bothered to drive, but the train was a much nicer experience!

I needed to pick up one of Neil's birthday presents from the Disney store while we were in town, so I bought this beautiful bag for myself while I was there. It's almost too pretty to use... almost. 




After finishing our shopping, we decided to try the new Five Guys restaurant in the Brewery Quarter as we'd heard so many good things about it. I went for the cheeseburger with lettuce, ketchup, onions and green peppers, and we shared a large cajun fries. It was most definitely the best burger I've had for a long time - probably the best one since going to America in September. As for the chips, there were gazillions of the things. Neil and I can eat like horses, and we still couldn't quite finish the large between us! I personally don't like heavily seasoned chips so I'd go for the normal variety next time, but the cajun fries were very tasty and not at all greasy. We also bought a bottomless soft drink each... be prepared for the huge range of choices. 




After finishing our food, we made our way to the cinema to see Dirty Grandpa. It was a pretty hilarious film but I didn't expect it to be THAT dirty. Zac Efron and Robert de Niro make an excellent comic duo!

To round off our day, we walked to the bus stop to catch the bus back to Penarth. The bus stops just outside our estate so we didn't have too far to walk on the other end of our journey. We were also back by 9:30pm which meant we had a relaxing few hours in front of the TV when we got back. 

A perfect date day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)