Pages

Thursday 25 February 2016

The Disney Book

I bought myself The Disney Book on Amazon a few weeks ago after a serious case of Instagram envy... it was bound to happen when I follow so many fellow Disney addicts. Although I already knew the book would be of an excellent quality like all things Disney, I was seriously impressed when it arrived. It's a chunky book (I definitely don't advise packing it in your suitcase for your next holiday), and I absolutely love the front cover. A visual summary of Disney magic!




My new treasure is a beautifully presented hard cover book which achieves more than I ever thought it could. It starts with a timeline of key Disney milestones which includes every Disney film ever made and iconic events. The book also contains an in-depth description of the origin, conception, characterisation and filming processes for lots of highly celebrated classics, including my beloved Jungle Book and 101 Dalmatians. 






The book goes into a lot of detail about Disney's live action adventures as well as its many animated triumphs, and you get a real insight into Walt Disney himself and his hopes and dreams. I'd never realised how closely he was involved with the nitty-gritty of the different filming processes before reading this book... if I could go out for dinner with anyone (dead or alive), it would be Walt Disney! 

The book also describes all the Disney theme parks across the world and the inspiration behind each one, including insights into each location's focal point - the fairytale castle. It also takes the reader on an enthralling journey through the concepts of the parks' most popular attractions and world-famous parades. I want to visit all the parks more than ever after reading this book!




Are you a huge Disney fan like me? If so, I urge you to order this book if you haven't already. I promise you won't regret it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)