Pages

Monday 29 September 2014

Wedding, honeymoon and new house!

So... I'm back in the blogosphere! I'm not sure how often I'll be posting over the next few weeks as things are still slightly (very) hectic, but I just wanted to write a quick update on what's been happening over the last month or so. Because a LOT has been happening, as you'll already know if you follow me on Instagram or Twitter.

This is pretty much a post filled with photos... everyone loves photos, yes? I'll be writing more detailed posts on the various aspects of the last month over the next few weeks so that's something for you all to look forward to with bated breath.

Let's start with the biggest and most significant thing. I got married!












It was such a lovely day and all the stress leading up to it was totally worth it in the end. Everything went according to plan, all my suppliers did a fantastic job, it didn't rain, the church service was beautiful, the food was scrumptious, the speeches were tear-jerkingly wonderful and all the guests had a brilliant time. What more could you ask for on your wedding day? 

The day after we got married, it was time to embark on our first ever adventure as Mr and Mrs Davies. Honeymoooooon! 

We travelled to three amazing locations in Italy over the course of a fortnight. First stop... Rome!








Next stop... Malcesine, Lake Garda









And last stop... Venice! 








Separate posts will follow on all our honeymoon destinations, although there aren't enough superlatives in the world to do them justice. I loved the views, food, drinks, architecture, relaxation, people, walks, hotels, ice cream... I could go on for hours. 

Last but not least, we've also completed the move into our new house over the last few weeks. Why not just do everything at once? 






Our little house is coming along nicely, particularly the kitchen. We've got a few little DIY projects to sort out over the next few weeks, but nothing too major as the house was decorated so beautifully before we even moved in. 

So as you can tell, it's been a pretty busy few weeks with constant highs (and an abnormal amount of food). I can't wait to blog all about the separate aspects of my wedding day, honeymoon and new home as it'll bring back all the memories in full force. These blog posts will also be a lovely way of looking back at these momentous occasions and remembering all the little details which made them so special. 

Now I just need to decide which part I should blog about first... watch this space! 

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you!! Congratulations yet again! :D <3
    Cannot wait to hear/see more.

    Best wishes, Danielle xo
    http://underlandtowonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on everything - I can't imagine the stress of doing the wedding and buying a house at the same time (although I thought you'd brought the house a couple of months ago?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! On your marriage and buying your home :)
    I got married in May, so reading this has made me feel really nostalgic, I can share your stress/relief/eternal happiness - my Honeymoon was the best time of my life (the wedding day was up there as one of the best days too obviously), but gosh did it feel like a mission planning and preparing for the big day. What a complete rollercoaster of emotions, but like you the day after the wedding, we set off on Honeymoon as Mr and Mrs - nothing could ever beat that feeling. Will be catching up with your other wedding posts!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)