Pages

Monday 14 January 2019

Best of 2018

I always enjoy writing my 'best of' posts at the end of every year. In case you missed it twelve months ago, you can read last year's post here!

2018 had a difficult ending as we had some bad news just after getting back from New York. It's much easier to focus on the negatives when the chips are down, and these types of posts help to remind me that there were lots of good times to be thankful for in 2018.

You might notice that there's a definite 'food and Jessie' theme running throughout which pretty much sums up my day-to-day life. I'm perfectly fine with that.

I haven't been able to include every highlight which is always a good sign that it was a full and busy year, but here are some of my favourite moments from 2018.



Fake Christmas 




The annual Fake Christmas tradition with my university friends continued last January. Liz was my Secret Santa and I think you'll all agree that these gifts are perfect for me. 



Sunday lunch at the Vale Resort 



Neil's parents bought us a voucher for Sunday lunch at the Vale Resort for our third wedding anniversary, and we finally had the chance to redeem it last February. I blogged about it here



Went out for dinner with Sophie 




Sophie and I went to Penarth's Etc one evening in February for a nice dinner and cocktails. We left our husbands at home with the Playstation and takeaway pizza! 




Jessie's first snow




We had a crazy amount of snow at the beginning of March. Although she was extremely confused at first, Jessie loved it once her little legs had found their bearings.



Afternoon tea at Machynys Golf Club and Spa




I had a lovely week off before starting my new job last March. The week included a few days at my parents' house and afternoon tea and a manicure at Machynys with Nicola.



New job 




That leads me nicely on to one of my biggest highlights of 2018... starting my new job in March! I bought myself this 'celebration' necklace from Clogau as a treat to mark the occasion. 



Jessie's first birthday 



We celebrated Jessie's first birthday in April and she was spoilt rotten (even more so than usual). I blogged about it here.  



A weekend with my uni friends




I spent the weekend in Bristol with my university friends in April. We don't get to catch up very often so it was lovely to see everyone so soon after our Fake Christmas shenanigans.  



18 months all clear 




We had dinner at Viva Brazil in April to celebrate me being all clear at the 18 month mark. I had a procedure during the same week to get an irritating long-term eye problem sorted, hence the need for glasses in this photo! Horrible procedure, great result. 



Final support group meeting and lunch 




My support group sadly came to an end in 2018 due to funding cuts. The end of the group obviously wasn't something to celebrate, but we all had a lovely afternoon after our final meeting with a plastic jug of pink Prosecco... perils of eating out in Cardiff on a rugby day.  



Walt Disney World 



Neil and I spent an amazing fortnight in Florida's Walt Disney World in May. It's my favourite place in the world, and you can read a photographic summary of our trip here



My birthday 



We celebrated my birthday with lots of eating, shopping and more eating. I blogged about it here



Finished our major re-decorating project 



We finally finished re-decorating our house (for now), including a beautiful pink, grey and white makeover for our bedroom. I blogged about it here



Mad Hatter's afternoon tea with Sarah 



Sarah bought me a voucher for this amazing afternoon tea as a birthday gift, and we went together in August. I blogged about it here



Fourth wedding anniversary 



We celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary with a meal in Llanerch Vineyard and some lovely gifts. I blogged about it here



Afternoon tea with Liz and Abbie 



I went back to Pettigrew Tea Rooms in September after a long (for me) absence and had afternoon tea with Liz and baby Abbie. I blogged about it here



Afternoon tea in Portishead with Amy 




I visited Amy for the day in September and we had an absolutely MASSIVE afternoon tea in Portishead. 



Weekend with Sarah




Sarah came to visit for the weekend at the end of September. We drank Prosecco, went for a nice walk around Cardiff Bay, and had pancakes in Bill's for breakfast. 



Llangennith 



Neil and I took Jessie on her first holiday and spent a lovely few days in Llangennith, followed by a day at my parents' house. I blogged about it here



Visited Fee in Milton Keynes 




I spent a lovely weekend with Fee and Liz in October. The weekend was obviously structured around food... always the best way to structure a weekend. We did do a bit of walking to make up for it. 



Two years all clear 



We had a spectacular meal at Pier 64 in October to celebrate me being all clear at the two year mark. I blogged about it here



Christmas shopping trip in Bristol 



I went to Bristol for the day in November for the traditional Christmas shopping trip with my university friends. I blogged about it here



Afternoon tea with Jo 



I caught up with Jo for the first time in ages in November with yet another delicious afternoon tea in Pettigrew Tea Rooms. 



Weekend with Nicola 




Nicola came to stay for the weekend at the end of November. We did lots of shopping and had afternoon tea in Pettigrew Tea Rooms (I'm sensing a bit of a theme here). 



New York 



Neil and I spent a week in New York at the beginning of December and were completely and utterly wowed by all the Christmas lights. You can read a photographic summary of our trip here



Work Christmas party 




I went to my first work Christmas party with my new colleagues in December. We ate a lovely meal in Las Iguanas then went on to Rum & Fizz before finishing off the evening at Dirty Martini. 



Christmas 



No highlights post would be complete without mentioning Christmas at the end. I blogged about it here, along with a summary of our new year celebrations.



Have you published a 'best of 2018' post? Let me know if so, I'd love to read it! 

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! :)