Pages

Sunday 24 April 2016

My collection of Disney mugs

I haven't written a Disney-themed blog post for a while so I thought it was high time I rectified this by blogging about my growing collection of Disney mugs. After all, the blog is titled Little Miss Disney...

I've been casually buying Disney mugs for quite a few years but I started collecting in earnest when we moved into our new home after getting married in August 2014. I suddenly had more room to store my many coveted mugs, and we found some real beauties in Cardiff's Disney Store which we bought with some of the money we received as wedding gifts.








I fell in love with this collection as soon as I saw it and just HAD to buy them all. These mugs are absolutely massive so they're never filled up to the top, but they're definitely among my favourites. I love giving guests whichever mug best reflects their character... a little game I play quite often! 

So, continuing with my mug collection story, I'd always been too afraid of bringing mugs back from holidays abroad previously in case they smashed in my suitcase. However, I made an exception when I saw these lovely specimens in Disneyland Paris in December 2014. Again, they were the perfect addition to the Disneyfied mug cupboard in our new house. I love having hot chocolate with marshmallows in these beautiful mugs as the little spoon is so handy. 





I love all things Winnie the Pooh and this is definitely reflected in my mug collection. I adore my Eeyore mug above, and I've also collected the three mugs below at various points during the last few years. I bought the Tigger mug for Neil for his birthday before we got married, Sarah bought me the Piglet mug many moons ago, and the beautiful Winnie the Pooh mug was a Christmas present to myself last December.  




I'm always super excited when there's any kind of sale in the Disney Store, which is how I acquired the mug below back in 2013. It came with a mini Grumpy teddy and it's perfect for those 'I've had a bad day' hot chocolates!




I definitely need to expand my princess mugs as I only have one at the moment. Siân, my sister-in-law, bought me this pretty Sleeping Beauty mug for Christmas a few years ago. The princess mugs are always so picturesque and elegant, so I definitely want to collect more of these.




Although I'm not a Star Wars fan myself, I do like a few of the characters and I couldn't resist buying these two mugs for Neil for his birthday last month. The BB8 mug is adorable and we nearly bought the R2D2 mug in Florida last year but didn't get around to it, so I don't mind these particular Star Wars items living in our kitchen!




We've also picked up a few Pixar mugs on various occasions for our collection - Neil bought the cute Wall-E mug from the Disney Store a few years ago and he bought me the Nemo mug as a present just before we got married. 





As this is an ever-expanding collection and there are always new and exciting mugs to choose from, I've included photos of the next three mugs I'd like to buy... space and funds permitting!








Do you love Disney mugs as much as I do? Let me know which ones are your favourites and which ones I should look out for to expand my collection!




2 comments:

  1. I love the spoon/mug combos! I'll be paying close attention to which mug you give me next weekend now... X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any Disney mugs myself, but my sister and her husband have been to Disney in Florida, and they have brought back a few mugs. They have huge Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore ones. I do have a few of Disney Christmas decorations that they've brought back for me. I like your mugs with there own spoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)