Pages

Monday 1 April 2019

What I wore in Venice

I've blogged about what I ate in Venice and posted a photographic summary of our trip, so now it's time to blog about what I wore in Venice. I really love the steady stream of content that presents itself after I've been on holiday.

I checked the weather forecast religiously for about 6 weeks before we went away to make sure I packed appropriately. As the weather was set to be a few degrees warmer than back home, I took a couple of denim jackets to wear over my day dresses rather than taking any big coats. I also packed some nice dresses for the evenings along with my new favourite baby pink jacket. I took a raincoat just in case, but we didn't see a drop of rain for the whole holiday so it stayed safely inside my suitcase.

Once I'd made a final decision on all the clothes I was taking, I decided which bags and shoes to pack. Are you starting to realise why it takes me so long to pack for a holiday? I took far too many pairs of shoes considering we only went for 5 days, but I did wear them all at least once so I don't feel too silly.

I've linked to the items photographed below wherever possible, but most of them are either years old or out of stock by now. During the writing of this post, I realised that only one of the items below was bought at full price which made my thrifty heart very happy.



Day outfits 



Every item that made up this outfit was massively discounted... 
the dress and boots cost £15 in total! 
Denim jacket, dress and boots from New Look, and bag from Kate Spade New York. 




Denim jacket and ankle boots from New Look, 
dress from ASOS, and bag from Kate Spade New York. 




Denim jacket, ankle boots and dress from New Look, 
and bag from Kate Spade New York (bought with my Ebay profits!).
I used this bag as my hand luggage bag to save space in my case. 




Denim jacket, dress and boots from New Look, bag from Kate Spade New York. 



Evening outfits 


 

Jacket and dress from New Look, bag from Ted Baker
(one of last year's Christmas sale bargains).




Dress and shoes from New Look. 
The dress was a massive bargain a couple of months ago at £10.  




Dress and shoes from ASOS, bag from Kate Spade New York. 
I've got the same dress in white because I like it so much!  




Dress from New Look. You can't see it clearly in the picture, 
but it's delicately glittery and I love it.  



I think I've finally run out of holiday content, so there might be something completely different on the blog next week... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)