Pages

Monday 18 March 2019

Venice in 15 photos

We spent an amazing 5 days in Venice at the beginning of March.

As this was our second visit to Venice, we took things at a more relaxed pace and didn't worry too much about blitzing all the big landmarks as we'd already done them first time around. Our first visit to Venice was the last leg of our Italian honeymoon four and a half years ago, so we thought it was about time we returned to this beautiful and unique city.

I always find it difficult to blog about holidays in their entirety because there's so much to cover and I end up running out of superlatives, so my first post-holiday blog post is usually a photographic summary. Looking back over my recent holiday blog posts, I seem to favour sharing 15 photos so that's what I've done here. As always, the most difficult part was narrowing it down to 15 from over 400 photos.

As I did with my 'New York in 15 photos' post, I've tried to summarise all the main things we saw and did with a photo and a title to give you some context. There are some beautiful buildings missing from this list and I could comfortably have featured double the amount of photos, but I wanted to make sure I kept it to 15. Some might say I'm a little obsessed with following a specific formula.

So, moving swiftly on from words to photographs, here's our trip to Venice in 15 photos!




Piazza San Marco






Palazzo Ducale






Basilica di San Marco






Ponte dei Sospiri (Bridge of Sighs) 






View of the Venetian lagoon from our hotel






Rooftop terrace at T Fondaco dei Tedeschi






Ponte di Rialto






View from Ponte dell'Accademia






Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute






Burano






Campanile di San Giorgio dei Greci (one of Venice's three leaning towers)






San Giorgio Maggiore






Scuola Grande di San Marco (this is a hospital, believe it or not)






Grand Canal






View from a random bridge, just because...






Look out for more blog posts about Venice over the next few weeks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)