Pages

Monday 18 February 2019

What I wore in New York

I've been meaning to blog for a while about what I wore in New York. However, I must admit that my main motivation for publishing this post today was the lack of time and opportunity to take photos for any of my other potential posts. Roll on the lighter evenings!

While I'm busy admitting to things, I thought I'd talk about the military operation of me packing to go on holiday. It starts with a big Word document (set up immediately after we book a holiday) which details every single piece of clothing, every accessory, every toiletry and every miscellaneous item I'm planning to take with me. The packing itself usually commences about three weeks before we leave. Although part of me is very jealous when Neil somehow manages to pack his suitcase in 25 minutes, I do secretly enjoy my long-winded and highly organised packing process.

The photos of me in New York were all taken outside, so I'm only going to detail my coats, boots, hats and scarves because that's all you can see. To complete my outfits, I took a pair of jeans, a few jumpers, warm dresses, leggings and tights, along with some nice dresses for the evenings. I packed light on shoes and bags (for me), but definitely didn't pack light on hats, scarves and gloves.

I've linked to the relevant items where I can in the photos below, but most of them are either sold out or not in existence any more.




Parka from Dorothy Perkins, scarf from Joules' Ebay store, and
black boots from Shoe Zone 





Kate Spade hat from Ebay, scarf from Joules, coat from Debenhams,
bag from Kate Spade and boots from Ugg





Hat from New Look, scarf and gloves from Asda, coat from ASOS,
and bag from Kate Spade 





Hat and gloves from Accessorize, bag and scarf from New Look





The hat was a gift from Italy, and the scarf is from Primark 





Hat from New Look and scarf from ASOS 





Hat, scarf and gloves from New Look, bag from Kate Spade 



Is your packing process a bit like mine, or do you pack like a normal person? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)