Pages

Thursday 3 November 2016

Two very simple words... thank you!

If you've read my most recent blog post, you'll know that I've been going through a difficult time during the second half of this year. I really couldn't have got through it all without the support of my family and friends and I want to thank you all a million times over.

Sending gifts and cards (and gift cards), giving me a hug, sending me positive vibes via Instagram or Twitter, having a hot chocolate with me, sending me a text or motivational Disney quote... all these things, however big or small, made me feel a bit better when I was at my lowest and continue to give me the strength I need to get through this.

Special thanks go to Neil and my parents for being the best husband and parents anyone could ask for during what was undoubtedly a horrendously difficult time for them too. They saw me and supported me at my worst, visited me in hospital twice every day, came with me to appointments, helped me with those little tasks I just couldn't do on my own, completely took over the bigger tasks so that I didn't have to think about them, listened to my worries, and held me while I cried.

I know I'm incredibly fortunate to have such an amazing support network and I need to remember this through everything that's still to come. 

I thought I'd include some photos of the gifts and cards I've received as another way of documenting my journey. I didn't take photos of everything because some days I didn't feel well enough to take photographs (I know, I must have been REALLY ill). Also, it won't surprise you to hear that I ate some of the edible gifts before I had a chance to photograph them... I had to celebrate getting my appetite back somehow!

So, here are just some of the lovely things I received:












































I really was and still am overwhelmed by everyone's kindness and support - thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)