Pages

Wednesday 7 May 2014

My love for Gelly knows no bounds...

I thought it was about time for me to write an update on my growing obsession with Barry M Gelly nail polishes. My last Gelly blog post was written in November when I had 5 shades... I've now managed to acquire another 6 to add to my collection!



Clockwise: Plum, Blackberry, Guava, Pomegranate, Passionfruit,
Mango, Sugar Apple, Prickly Pear, Blueberry, Greenberry, Grapefruit


Although the vast majority of these colours are beautifully summery, I've been happily wearing them throughout the winter too. Some dark and rainy days just need a splash of bright nail varnish!

The new pastel summer shades are the newest additions to my collection - Prickly Pear and Sugar Apple. I love pastels and shiny nails, so these are the perfect combination for me. Prickly Pear does need two coats in order to really bring the colour out and to maximise the glossy finish, but it's well worth the extra effort. Sugar Apple was a little streaky with just one coat, so I added another coat for that too. I love painting my nails in alternate colours as I get to use two lovely polishes at once! 




It's very difficult to choose a favourite as I've never come across a Gelly shade I didn't love. My top 5 shades are probably Guava, Grapefruit, Greenberry, Blackberry and Prickly Pear, in no particular order. Blueberry and Pomegranate also need to be featured somewhere in my list of favourites... look how beautiful they are!






I've already got my eye on a few of the other newly released summer colours... I'll need a bigger nail varnish drawer if Barry M keep releasing new Gelly shades! 

Do you love the Gelly range as much as I do? Which one is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)