Pages

Friday 2 August 2013

Barry M's Gelly range

I've wanted to try Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine range for months. I finally caved last weekend and bought the Greenberry colour as it looked so bright and summery.




I've read a lot of reviews about the Gelly range which say that the nail varnish is quite difficult to apply as it's thicker than normal nail varnish... they are all correct! When applying normal nail varnish, I put a minimal amount on the brush as I hate ending up with a clumpy effect. However, with the Gelly polish, you have to put a substantial amount on the brush or you end up with very streaky nails. Not a good look.

Gelly nail varnish might be a bit tricky to apply, but it's worth the effort as it looks AMAZING. It's super shiny and beautifully bright with just one coat.





These photos don't do it justice... 
the finished colour is much brighter than this!


I'm hoping the colour won't chip easily as it's thicker than the usual nail varnish I use... watch this space!

I will definitely be buying more colours in this range, and I think I'll go for one of the bright pink shades next. Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)