Pages

Saturday 5 July 2014

My social media objectives for 2014 - a mid year update!

You might remember that I wrote a blog post on my social media objectives for 2014 back in January. I thought I'd revisit these objectives six months on to see how I'm progressing and to make sure I'm on track. I love a bit of measuring and evaluating!


Blog objectives

  • To revamp and rename my blog by April 2014. Done!
  • To set up a Google Analytics account for my blog by April 2014. Done!
  • To reach 100 followers on Bloglovin by the end of the year. Still a lot of work to do on this... I'm only on 28. 
  • To ensure that I read other blogs and comment on them for at least half an hour every week throughout the year. I've managed to achieve this most weeks, but some weeks are too busy to fit in even half an hour!
  • To take part in at least two blogger chats per month throughout the year. I started well at the beginning of the year, but haven't had time to take part in any chats for the last few months. 
  • To attend at least one blogger meet-up before the end of the year. No progress on this one!




Twitter objectives

  • To reach 350 Twitter followers by the end of the year. I'm on 314... not bad!
  • To ensure that I engage with at least 5 new people on Twitter every week throughout the year. I'm doing pretty well with this one. 
  • To ensure that at least 40% of traffic to my blog is driven there from Twitter. I'll have more definite statistics when my Google Analytics account has been up and running for a longer period of time, but initial impressions suggest that around a third of my blog traffic comes from Twitter. 




Pinterest objectives

  • To reach 100 followers by the end of the year. I currently have 44... I must admit, I've neglected Pinterest this year! 
  • To follow at least 100 new people/boards by the end of the year. I'm following 47, so still some work to do here. 
  • To have at least one Pinterest 'binge' per week! I definitely haven't had time to do this very often. 
  • To comment on at least 5 pins per week as well as re-pin. No time to do this either!




Instagram objectives

  • To reach 150 followers by the end of the year. I currently have 132, so doing pretty well on this one. 
  • To follow 100 new people by the end of the year. I'm following 388, so I've smashed this objective!
  • To make better links between Instagram and my blog by promoting at least one photo from my blog on Instagram every week. I've been doing this for every blog post which contains photos. 
  • To have an Instagram 'binge' at least once per week where I like and comment on other people's photos. I'm a bit obsessed with Instagram so have been doing this much more often than once per week!




LinkedIn objectives

  • To reach 300 connections by the end of the year. At the time of writing, I'm on 299!
  • To follow 10 new company pages before the end of the year. I've followed 4 company pages so far this year.  
  • To join 5 new LinkedIn groups before the end of the year, and to engage with these groups as and when interesting topics arise. I haven't started on this one yet. 


Considering how busy this year has been so far, I'm pretty pleased with my progress. My Pinterest presence needs a lot of work, but I'm hoping I'll have more time to have guilt-free Pinterest binges after the wedding. Although planning a wedding should encourage a lot of Pinterest binges, I've got to the stage where looking at people's perfect weddings is stressing me out! I did enjoy looking on there for ideas right at the beginning of the planning process as I was still deciding on colours and so on, but it doesn't appeal to me at the moment. 

I'm very pleased with my progress on Instagram and it's quickly joining Twitter as my favourite social networking site. I love sharing my own photos as well as nosing at other people's. Don't we all?

Does anyone else set themselves objectives for their personal social media presence? Is it just me...?

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit to not having any goals when it comes to social media - my one tip with pinterest is having lots of boards with a lot of pins of them - that's when we followers start coming along.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)