Pages

Monday 13 May 2013

McFly rock my socks

Regular readers of my blog will already know that I was given tickets to see McFly last Friday night as a reward for passing my exams in December. Definitely the best reward I've ever had for passing exams... I think I should take exams more often. The gig was almost worth all the stress! Almost. It was the eighth time I'd seen them, and they just keep getting better. Amazing, I tell you.


Do you like my McFly tshirt?


They opened with That Girl, an amazing song from their first album, and finished with The Heart Never Lies. My throat actually hurt for two days after the gig because I sang and screeched so loudly. Always a sign that you've had a good time!

Seeing McFly is always a great experience as the band members are all very funny and enjoy chatting to the audience. Don't you just hate it when you go to a gig and leave feeling as if you could have just listened to their album and it wouldn't have been any different? McFly always go the extra mile to get the audience involved and to make sure everyone is having a good time. They even attempted to mimic the Welsh accent (badly) and commented on how much they love the Welsh flag... 'All the other countries thought a lot about design, sat down and decided logically which colours would look best in each stripe. The Welsh just said, "Sod it, we're having a dragon!"'



All grown up in waistcoats and dicky bows!


The tour is called 'Memory Lane', and was basically a summary of all McFly's greatest hits over the last ten years. I know... TEN YEARS! It was a good indication of how much the band's music has changed over the last ten years, and I loved hearing the old favourites like Room on the Third Floor, Lies, Obviously and One for the Radio. They really have got an impressive back catalogue of tracks. They even had to leave some out (such as Party Girl and Baby's Coming Back) because they couldn't possibly have sung them all. 




Has anyone else seen McFly on their Memory Lane tour? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)