Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

Restaurant review: Chiquito

Mexican food is just amazing, isn't it? It definitely features in my top 5 cuisines. However, I don't tend to eat in Mexican restaurants very often for some reason. Possibly this is because my boyfriend and I like to cook Mexican meals such as chilli con carne and fajitas, so we like to try different cuisines when we go out to eat. The main Mexican restaurants I know of in Cardiff are Chiquito and Chimichanga, and I've only been to them a handful of times. However, we hadn't cooked Mexican food for a while and we fancied a change on Saturday, so we went to Chiquito in the Brewery Quarter. We went at 5pm so it was beautifully quiet. No queues in sight!




It took me ages to decide what I wanted... the huge range of burgers were very tempting, as were the fajitas. I eventually decided on the beef chilli enchiladas as I've never tried enchiladas before and I thought they wouldn't be too much of a diet fail. I'm well aware that they were still a diet fail, but a massive burger and chips would have made me feel much more guilty! The enchiladas were also one of the more reasonably priced items on the menu. 



A bowl full of enchilada goodness!


The food came really quickly, and my enchiladas were amazing. They came with sour cream, salsa, guacamole and cheese, along with Chiquito's signature tomato sauce. The wraps were just the right size, and the beef chilli was very tasty too. One satisfied customer!

Chiquito is fairly expensive (by my standards), but I think it's fine for the occasional treat. You do get masses of food and good service, and I've never been disappointed when I've eaten there. 

What do other people think of Chiquito?

6 comments:

  1. I love Mexican food. Especially nachos. This is not new information, I know... Does Daquiri's still exist? That was good Cardiff Mexican food.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chiquitos... Mexican food rules!! One of my absolute favs :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog btw :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) Your blog is great! As is Mexican food x

      Delete
  4. Yum! I love mexican - there needs to be more mexican restaurants in the UK x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I can't get enough of it! x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! :)