Pages

Sunday 28 April 2013

A weekend fuelled by sugar

There's no point beating about the bush... I've eaten a LOT of sugar this weekend. My boyfriend decided to cook summer fruit drizzle cake and Smarties cookies especially for the weekend, and I can confirm that both were scrumptious. He used strawberries and raspberries to make the cake, and I could quite honestly have eaten the whole thing in one sitting. It was lovely and moist, with just the right level of sweetness. Luckily, I managed to show a small (ish) level of restraint. The cookies were adapted from a chocolate cookie recipe in 'The Boy Who Bakes' cookbook, and possibly tasted even better with the Smarties than they do with the chocolate chunks. The cookbook was a Christmas present from me, and Neil is quite literally turning into the boy who bakes. This was obviously my intention all along.



Cake and cookie... the Smarties cookies matched my polka dot plates!


Lunch, cake and the cookie did keep me full for most of the day. After seeing Iron Man 3 (which was brilliant, in case you were wondering), we went to Pizza Express with Liz and I ordered the Pomodoro Pesto pizza. By this time, I'd fully acknowledged that the weekend was a diet write-off.



At least I got some of my 5 a day...


The amazing cake and cookies have inspired me to bake some kind of cake after I've finished my assignments. I'm considering a carrot cake... what do people think?

5 comments:

  1. Nice plan with the cookbook as a gift! It all looks delicious xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANT MORE OF THAT CAKE. AND THE COOKIES. MMMMMMMMMMM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think any other cake will ever compare x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! :)