Pages

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Patatas bravas with chorizo

As you probably already know, I am a big fan of chorizo as it somehow makes every meal taste better. So, last night, I tried out the 'patatas bravas with chorizo' recipe from the BBC Good Food website. I made quite a lot of modifications, but followed the basic gist of the recipe. The quantities I used made enough for two portions.


Ingredients:
500g new potatoes
50g chorizo
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Squirt of tomato puree
2 onions
2 cloves of garlic
Pinch of chilli powder
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of smoked paprika
Lots of Frylite!


Method:
I didn't follow the method on the BBC website to the letter, mostly because I've only got one frying pan. So here's what I did:

1. Chop the new potatoes into quarters and steam them for ten minutes
2. Chop the chorizo into chunks and put the chunks in the frying pan along with the Frylite, onions and garlic
3. Once the onions begin to soften, add the chilli powder, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika
4. Then add the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree, and let the mixture simmer for ten minutes
5. Meanwhile, drain the potatoes and add them to the mixture for 5 minutes
6. Serve and eat!



Yummers!


Really easy to make, super tasty, and very healthy as I didn't use much chorizo. What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)