Pages

Monday 28 January 2013

Restaurant review: Pizza Express

I go to Pizza Express pretty often, and only ever have good things to say about it. I usually go the St David's 2 restaurant, but last weekend I went to the one on High Street instead as there was a huge queue outside the other one. That's the problem with the food court at St David's 2... a lovely selection of restaurants, but they're nearly always full with a 45 minute wait for a table. If you've met me, you'll know that I'm not good at waiting for my food. Anyway, Pizza Express came to the rescue on Saturday evening.

We were seated within five minutes, and the waiters were very friendly as usual. We didn't order starters on this occasion, as we've learnt our lesson from previous visits. Don't waste valuable space on a generic starter when their pizza is so good! It can also be quite an expensive meal if you order starters as well as mains. I ordered a Giardiniera Classic Pizza, which consists of artichokes, mushrooms, red peppers, santos tomatoes, leeks, olives, garlic oil, and a tomato and pesto base. I asked for it without olives, because I positively can't stand the things.


Looks amazing, right? It was.


We did have to wait about 30 minutes for our food, but that was understandable as the restaurant was very busy. When it arrived, it was well worth the wait. We both cleared our plates, and were predictably too full for dessert. 

The only negative thing about the visit was that we had to wait about 15 minutes for the bill after asking for it, and we were in a hurry to get to the cinema to see Lincoln. An annoyance, but it certainly wouldn't put me off going again. 

I'm now going to write a positive restaurant review on Trip Advisor... I have become obsessed with Trip Advisor. 

What are other people's opinions on Pizza Express? 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Pizza Express! They're also really good for emailing you discount codes/free wine vouchers etc if you sign up to their mailing list - my friend and I got 40% off our food bill last week!

    Lynsey x
    http://allsortsandanecdotes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, I'm definitely signing up tomorrow! And thanks for following :) x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! :)